Play Therapy for Children of Divorce:2
October 11, 2022, and October 12, 2022 10 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Time. 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
October 11, 2022, and October 12, 2022
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Time
7:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Play therapy is an ideal treatment for helping children cope with the losses and changes frequently brought about by parental divorce. This webinar will provide an understanding of the social and emotional challenges these children face, themes commonly scene in their play, and factors which contribute to healthy adjustment. Assessment considerations, treatment planning, play materials and techniques as well as general guidelines for working with parents will be discussed.
- Identify four presenting problems commonly seen among children of divorce to aid in their work with play therapy clients.
- Describe the pre-divorce factors which influence children’s adjustment to divorce to promote healing of play therapy clients.
- List three factors affecting children’s adjustment to parental divorce which may be seen in play therapy.
- Describe the process of mourning in children when it is demonstrated among play therapy clients.
- Demonstrate at least three play therapy techniques for use with children of divorce
Donna Cangelosi maintains a private practice with children, adolescents, and adults in Wayne NJ, where she provides psychotherapy, clinical supervision, and parent education. She co-edited Play Therapy Techniques, Volumes 1 & 2, The Playing Cure, Essential Play Therapy Techniques, and Prescriptive Play Therapy. Dr. Cangelosi is the author of Saying Goodbye in Child Psychotherapy and several chapters and articles on working with children of divorce and the theory and practice of psychodynamic play therapy.
This Live Webinar meets APT's definition of a Live Webinar. The Play Therapy Training Institute is approved by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) Approved Provider 95-002.