Adlerian Play Therapy
November 14, 2022. 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Time 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
November 14, 2022
9:00 AM - 1:00PM Eastern Time
6:00 AM - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
- List and describe the four stages of Adlerian play therapy.
- Describe what lifestyle is and why thinking about it is important in Adlerian play therapy
- Explain how tracking, restatement of content, and reflecting feelings are used in Adlerian play therapy.
- Explain how to use encouragement as a play therapy skill in Adlerian play therapy.
- List the Crucial Cs (Courage, Connect, Count, and Capable) and describe how the Crucial Cs are used in Adlerian play therapy.
- List the personality priorities (Comfort, Pleasing, Control, and Superiority) and explain how the personality priorities are used in Adlerian play therapy.
- List the goals of misbehavior (Attention, Power, Revenge, Proving Inadequacy), and explain how the goals of misbehavior are used in Adlerian play therapy.
- Describe two play therapy skills and two play therapy techniques used in exploring the client’s lifestyle in Adlerian play therapy.
- Describe two play therapy skills and two play therapy techniques used in helping the client gain insight in Adlerian play therapy.
- Describe two play therapy skills and two play therapy techniques using in facilitating the client making changes in their patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving in Adlerian play therapy.
Erica Wassenaar holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Wayne State College. She is a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor. She also has Advanced Certification in Adlerian Play Therapy, and teaches Adlerian Play Therapy. She also holds a Level II certification in AutPlay Therapy, which is play therapy specifically for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. She is also trained in Traumatic Incident Reduction, Critical Incident Stress Management. EMDR. She is a member of the American Counseling Association, Association for Play Therapy, Iowa Association of Play Therapy, and Erica is also a member of the NWIA Crisis Intervention Stress Management Team in which she leads debriefing for area first responders and law enforcement. She is also a coordinator for KIDS Hope USA program through her church. Erica's greatest accomplishment is being a mom to her three kids and a wife.
THIS LIVE WEBINAR MEETS APT'S DEFINITION OF A LIVE WEBINAR.
The Play Therapy Training Institute is approved by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) Approved Provider 95-002.
APT CE Hour Area: Play Therapy Seminal or Historically Significant Theory (4)
Please Note: The CE certificate will be awarded within 3 business days to those who attend the entire webinar, complete a multiple choice test, and fill out course evaluations. No partial credit will be given. Play Therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
All of our Live Webinars meet APT's definition of a Live Webinar for 4 non-contact CE. In order to be eligible, participants must keep their cameras on throughout the webinar. Please contact us with any questions.
For general information, special needs, or grievances, please contact us at [email protected]. You will receive a response within 24 hours