Jungian Play Therapy
November 19, 2022. 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central Time, 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM PACIFIC
Date and Time:
November 19, 2022
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central Time
7:00 AM - 2:00 PM Pacific Time
This workshop covers Jungian play therapy, an original model, which honors symbols and the healing nature of the analytic relationship, as conceptualized by Dr. Eric Green in the mid-2000s. A practical overview of the theory/techniques will be illustrated, as well as active participation in mandalas and fairytales. Children are subjected to a variety of psychological assaults and potentially traumatic events at school and home, including the dissolution of the family unit, that adversely impact their psychological well-being. As a result, some children feel isolated, disconnected, and overly dependent on technology for social connection. Furthermore, many children have limited opportunities, at school and at home, to play freely. Over time, they may develop a guarded or defended heart, which inhibits their resilience. Jungian play therapy is one method of treatment from the “depth psychology” paradigm that is responsive to a child’s development and promotes a soulful healing trajectory. Some of the concepts this workshop covers include the analytical process of play, the “symbolic attitude,” amplification, and well-timed verbal interpretations. Analytical techniques such as coloring mandalas, dream analysis, and creating fairytales will be illustrated through some of Dr. Green’s most recent case work with kids.
1. After the workshop, participants will be able to recall one central premise of guiding children toward an undefended heart through Jungian play therapy and the analytic relationship.
2. After the workshop, participants will be able to identify two characteristics of play therapists needed to conduct therapy with children from a Jungian perspective.
3. After the workshop, participants will be able to articulate one aspect of the research-base supporting play therapy interventions with children from an analytical perspective.
4. After the workshop, participants will be able to identify the four steps to facilitate two Jungian play therapy interventions: (1) mandalas and (2) fairytales.
5. After the workshop, participants will be able to define ‘amplification’ within the play therapy process.
6. After the workshop, participants will be able to define ‘transference’ within the play therapy relationship.
THIS LIVE WEBINAR MEETS APT'S DEFINITION OF A LIVE WEBINAR.
The Play Therapy Training Institute is approved by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) Approved Provider 95-002.
APT CE Hour Area: Play Therapy Seminal or Historically Significant Theory (6)
Please Note: The CE certificate will be awarded within 3 business days to those who attend the entire webinar, complete a multiple choice test, and fill out course evaluations. No partial credit will be given. Play Therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
All of our Live Webinars meet APT's definition of a Live Webinar for 6 non-contact CE. In order to be eligible, participants must keep their cameras on throughout the webinar. Please contact us with any questions.
For general information, special needs, or grievances, please contact us at [email protected]. You will receive a response within 24 hours