Play Therapy via Telehealth- Roblox Edition (4)
April 11, 2021 7:00PM-9:00PM ET
April 11, 2021
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Eastern Time
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Pacific Time
Online- Live Webinar
Additional Course Costs and Requirements:
No additional purchases are required to participate in this course. Roblox is free to download and compatible with:
- Apple iOS:
- iPad 2 or higher, iPhone 4s or higher and iPod touch 5th Generation. iOS 8 or greater is required.
- Many devices running Android 4.4 and newer. These devices must also have an ARMv7 processor and should not be running the Tegra 2 chipset.
- Amazon Fire OS:
- Kindle Fire HDX 7 (3rd Gen), Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd Gen), Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Gen), Fire HD 6 & 7 (4th Gen), Fire HD 8 & 10 (5th Gen), and Fire (5th Gen) except: Amazon Fire HD 2013
This course will introduce the participants to the use of Roblox in play therapy. From the creation of a new account, the management of clients as “friends” – or not -, the creation and use of VIP servers, the game play, to the identification of therapeutic aspects, this course will get the play therapist ready for action! This course will include experiential components.
- Identify at least one Therapeutic Power of Play’s core agent of change activated in at least one digital tool used.
- Describe how the Therapeutic Powers of Play graphic can be used to write clinical notes.
- Describe the therapeutic properties of at least one digital tool used.
- Explain at least one way to maintain a private secure modality of play with the digital tool used.
Jessica Stone, Ph.D., RPT-S, is a licensed psychologist working in a private practice setting in Colorado. She has been a practitioner, professor, presenter, mentor, and author for more than 25 years. Dr. Stone’s interest in therapeutic digital tools, specifically using virtual reality, tablets, and consoles, has culminated in clinical mental health use and research for mental health, medical, and crisis settings. She is the co-creator of the Virtual Sandtray App for iPad (VSA) and the Virtual Sandtray for Virtual Reality (VSA-VR). Dr. Stone has numerous publications to date including Integrating Technology into Modern Therapies, Game Play, Play Therapy Theory and Perspectives, and Digital Play Therapy in addition to numerous chapters in a variety of books. She has served as the president of the California Association for Play Therapy branch, the Leadership Academy Chair, on the Association for Play Therapy Nominations committee, is a member of the AutPlay Advisory Board, and serves as an affiliate of the East Carolina University College of Education Neurocognition Science Laboratory.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for (2hrs) CONTACT CE Hours. The Play Therapy Training Institute is approved by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) Approved Provider 95-002.
APT CE Area: Special Topic (6)
Please Note: The CE certificate will be awarded within 3 business days to those who attend the entire webinar, complete a multiple choice test, and fill out course evaluations. No partial credit will be given. Play Therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Effective May 15, 2020 through June 30, 2021, APT Approved Providers may temporarily offer "contact" hours for online continuing education." All of our Live webinars during this time period will meet APT's requirements to provide "Contact CE" credit. In order to be eligible, participants must keep their cameras on throughout the webinar. Please contact us with any questions.
For general information, special needs, or grievances, please contact Beth Couturier at [email protected] You will receive a response within 24 hours