Structured Play Interventions in AutPlay Therapy
June 10, 2022. 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Time; 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central Time
June 10, 2022
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Time
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central Time
Online- Live Webinar
- White paper
- Construction Paper (different colors)
This training will explore several AutPlay Therapy interventions that can be implemented in person and via telehealth. The interventions will focus on common need areas of neurodivergent children including regulation, sensory integration, relationship development, anxiety reduction, and strengths awareness. Discussion will also include affirming vs. ableist components in structured play therapy interventions.
1) Describe at least 4 play therapy interventions to help improve regulation ability.
2) Describe at least 4 play therapy interventions to understand and increase sensory integration.
3) Describe at least 4 play therapy interventions to improve relationship development and connection.
Dr. Grant is a Licensed Professional Counseling, Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, and Advanced Certified Autism Specialist. He owns and operates the AutPlay Therapy Clinic in Southwest Missouri. Dr. Grant specializes in working with children, adolescents, and families, including working with autistic children, neurodivergent children, and those diagnosed with ADHD and other developmental disorders. He is the creator of AutPlay® Therapy, an integrative family play therapy approach. He is also a Certified Autism Movement Therapy and trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy, a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder/trauma related therapy for children and adults.
Dr. Grant is an international speaker and keynote presenter having presented for the American Counseling Association, Association for Play Therapy, American Mental Health Counselors Association, and The World Autism Congress. He is a multi-published author of several articles, book chapters, and books including the following titles:
- AutPlay® Therapy for Children and Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum
- Play-Based Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Understanding Sensory Processing Challenges, A Workbook for Children and Teens
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder, A Workbook for Children and Teens
- Understanding ADHD: A Workbook for Children and Teens
- AutPlay® Therapy Play and Social Skills Groups: A Ten Session Model
- Play Therapy Theories and Perspectives: Diversity of Thought in the Field
Dr. Grant is a founding board member for the non-profit organization Stars for Autism. He is currently serving on the board of directors (president elect) for the Association for Play Therapy. He is also a part time instructor in the Play Therapy Certificate program at Mid America Nazarene University (MNU).
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for (3hrs) CONTACT CE Hours. The Play Therapy Training Institute is approved by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) Approved Provider 95-002.
APT CE Hour Area: Play Therapy Skills and Methods or Special Topics (3)
Please Note: The CE certificate will be awarded within 3 business days to those who attend the entire webinar, complete a multiple-choice test, and fill out course evaluations. No partial credit will be given. Play Therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Effective May 15, 2020, through June 30, 2022, APT Approved Providers may temporarily offer "contact" hours for online continuing education." All of our Live webinars during this time period will meet APT's requirements to provide "Contact CE" credit. In order to be eligible, participants must keep their cameras on throughout the webinar. Please contact us with any questions.
For general information, special needs, or grievances, please contact us at [email protected] You will receive a response within 24 hours