Advanced Digital Play Therapy: How to Address Therapeutic Needs with Digital tools
November 13, 2020 11:00AM-2:00PM ET
November 13, 2020 11:00AM - 2:00 PM ET
Online- Live Webinar
- Participants must have either taken the Digital Play Therapy course or read the Digital Play Therapy book, preferably both.
- Digital Play Therapy Course: https://the-play-therapy-training-institute.teachable.com/p/degital-play-therapy-recording
- Participants should have some familiarity with Roblox, Animal Crossing, and the Virtual Sandtray App. (enough to understand the fundamental play process and use)
- Participants must bring a sanitized client case example to the course.
This advanced course provides a “deep dive” into the use of Digital Play Therapy in practice. Participants will begin to create their Play Therapy Digital Game Chart, experience and participate in case analyses from three main digital programs (Roblox, Animal Crossing, and the Virtual Sandtray App), and discuss/practice case-note/documentation writing. Utilizing their own case example, the participant will learn first-hand how to identify the best digital tool(s) to use, how to analyze different types of digital play, and how to conceptualize and write case note documentation.
- Identify therapeutic components of at least three digital tools to begin a Play Therapy Digital Game Chart
- Describe the therapeutic properties of the clinical use of a Roblox game within play therapy sessions through case analysis.
- Describe the therapeutic properties of the clinical use of the Animal Crossing game within play therapy sessions through case analysis.
- Describe the therapeutic properties of the clinical use of a Virtual Sandtray App within play therapy sessions through case analysis.
- Describe how the Therapeutic Powers of Play graphic can be used to write clinical notes.
Jessica Stone, Ph.D., RPT-S, is a licensed psychologist working in a private practice setting in Colorado. She has been a practitioner, professor, presenter, mentor, and author for more than 25 years. Dr. Stone’s interest in therapeutic digital tools, specifically using virtual reality, tablets, and consoles, has culminated in clinical mental health use and research for mental health, medical, and crisis settings. She is the co-creator of the Virtual Sandtray App for iPad (VSA) and the Virtual Sandtray for Virtual Reality (VSA-VR). Dr. Stone has numerous publications to date including Integrating Technology into Modern Therapies, Game Play, Play Therapy Theory and Perspectives, and Digital Play Therapy in addition to numerous chapters in a variety of books. She has served as the president of the California Association for Play Therapy branch, the Leadership Academy Chair, on the Association for Play Therapy Nominations committee, is a member of the AutPlay Advisory Board, and serves as an affiliate of the East Carolina University College of Education Neurocognition Science Laboratory.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for (3hrs) CONTACT CE Hours. The Play Therapy Training Institute is approved by the Association for Play Therapy (APT) Approved Provider 95-002.
Please Note: The CE certificate will be awarded within 3 business days to those who attend the entire webinar, complete a multiple choice test, and fill out course evaluations. No partial credit will be given. Play Therapy credit may not be awarded to non-mental health professionals.
Effective May 15, 2020 through June 30, 2021, APT Approved Providers may temporarily offer "contact" hours for online continuing education." All of our Live webinars during this time period will meet APT's requirements to provide "Contact CE" credit. In order to be eligible, participants must keep their cameras on throughout the webinar. Please contact us with any questions.
For general information, special needs, or grievances, please contact Beth Couturier at [email protected] You will receive a response within 24 hours